Mediation Errors in Long-Term Care Facilities (Skilled Nursing Facilities, Nursing Homes, Residential Care Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities) are 100% preventable, but unfortunately, all too common. We have seen serious injuries and deaths result from needless medication errors in facilities but also by in-home providers such as hospice staff and and home health nurses.
Fact patterns we have litigated recently include:
- Our client receiving an overdose of her own medication, resulting in death;
- Our client receiving an overdose of another patient’s medication, resulting in death;
- Our client receiving the wrong dosage of his own medication for weeks, resulting in permanent injuries;
- Our client receiving mediations that cannot be used together, warnings ignored, resulting in death;
- Our client receiving mediations that were no longer indicated, resulting in permanent injuries.
While these are the common scenarios, they are merely examples. If you believe that you or a loved one has suffered damages as the result of a mediation error, please contact us for a free consultation.